Social media is now an integrated part of the marketing plan for all businesses. No matter what business you are in, social media is a great way to get your business noticed. This blog will give you some tips on making the most of social media for your e-commerce business.
Google and retailtouchpoints.com mention Social media, particularly visual content, increasingly serves as a gateway to product purchases, and not just online. A total of 76% of consumers have purchased a product they saw in a brand’s social media post.
- 11% bought immediately; 44% bought the item later online; and
- 71% of marketers want to learn more via Instagram.
- 21% bought later in a physical store.
Why Social Media is important for eCommerce?
Social media is an important part of every business. It is a place where you can find customers and build relationships with your existing customers to increase loyalty and sales.
Consider social media a place for free advertising and marketing with the ability to even consider paid advertisements and tie-up with influencers for further brand awareness.
The top 3 major social media platforms to consider:
- Facebook (2.9 Billion users)
- Youtube (2.3 Billion users)
- Instagram (1 Billion users)
How can Social Media Marketing help grow my eCommerce Business?
Among the many advantages of Social Media Marketing, the most important ones are:
- Building brand awareness
If you’re launching a brand new product, you should start building the buzz around it before you are ready to go live with sales. This is where social media helps by informing all that there is a new product in town!
- Image and Video Advertising
The ability to create Image and Video advertising gives the audience a 3D picture of the product and how it feels to be used. This is sure to entice people into wanting to know your product better.
- Collection Advertising
You can also showcase your entire collection in your feeds. The entire product listing gives the audience a chance to compare what you’re selling and finally choose an item to purchase.
- Review and Experience Discussions
The greatest advantage (Sometimes not though) is the ability to review on Social Media platforms. Buyers can leave reviews of their purchase and inform others about how good it feels to own the product. This directly affects sales depending on the review.
- Social Influencers
Social Influencers are the celebrities of the social media platform. They can sway minds and hearts. Given the right influencer who has the right following can turn your product into an overnight sensation!
How much does Social Media Cost to help grow my eCommerce Business?
Taking into consideration Average Costs, the average ‘cost per click for Google Display Ads is $0.67 CPC. Similarly, Facebook adverts are approximately $1.35 CPC. Instagram can go up to $3.56 on average CPC as per topdraw.com this 2021.
This is still far cheaper than putting up billboards like in the past which would on average cost anywhere between $750 per month and $14,000 or more, depending on factors.
Selling Products directly via your Social Media Platform
The interest and participation in Social Media platforms are at an all-time high. There are currently over 4.6 billion active social media users. Posts put out on Social Media platforms have become an expected way of communicating.
Using social commerce solutions has many benefits:
- It’s free to set up.
- It creates an interactive, social shopping experience for customers.
- It streamlines the sales process. Users can shop directly from their feeds, without clicking through to an external website. Shortening the distance between discovery and checkout can improve your conversion rates.
- It’s what social media users want! 70% of shopping enthusiasts use Instagram to discover brands and products. Why not help them discover your products?
5 expert tips for Social Media
- Showcase your Personality and Vision through each post.
- Collaborate with Influencers if possible for that increased awareness.
- Take advantage of Media Content to show beautiful product visuals.
- Post on user-generated content so the hype is constant.
- Post regularly so your followers can know more about their loved products.
Online trading is becoming more and more common, and digital marketing is the way to go. Whether you are setting up an eCommerce site, or if you already have one, it is important to know how to market your brand online. Digital marketing utilizes various strategies, one of which is SEO. SEO will help to drive traffic to your site, but it is not very fast-paced. Digital marketing with social media is much faster. It can take your brand from small to large in a matter of days, but you must have a good strategy in place.
As Shopify development experts and eCommerce consultants, we have helped more than 1500 + International Brands including Fortune 500 Companies to set up and scale up their online businesses.